Duty of Care Agreement and Liability Waiver
The Oceanography Society (TOS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all participants at the Ocean Optics XXV Conference. Our decisions and preventive measures are guided by the requirements and recommendations of the Government of Vietnam and Binh Dinh Province health authorities.
The responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment is shared among TOS and conference attendees. Towards this end, all attendees are expected to comply with all applicable requirements imposed by the government of Vietnam as well as Binh Dinh Provincial health authorities and are also expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions TOS may implement to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
TOS reserves the right to modify all safety guidelines and procedures up to and including the dates of the Conference. All attendees are expected to comply with the guidelines in place at the time of the Conference. Failure to abide by the guidelines may result in your removal from the Conference. Guidelines include proof of vaccination or negative COVID test result prior to attending.
We will be making decisions on additional precautionary measures—such as mask-wearing and social distancing—closer to the date of the event and in accordance with the latest requirements issued by health authorities.
Individuals should not attend the conference if they:
- are experiencing, or within the ten (10) days prior, have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19;
- believe that they have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19; or
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the healthcare team responsible for treatment.
Should any positive cases of COVID-19 be reported by conference attendees to TOS within ten (10) days of the conclusion of the conference, TOS will communicate this information to all registered participants. Private health or personal data received by TOS will be treated as confidential. If required, TOS will notify the appropriate public health agencies.
Affirmation of Duty of Care Agreement & Liability Waiver
By registering for and attending the Ocean Optics XXV Conference:
- I understand that travel to and participation in events may increase the risk of exposure to communicable diseases or other unforeseen dangers. I hereby forever release, waive, and discharge my right to bring suit against The Oceanography Society (TOS), its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents for fault, negligence, or conduct in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 or other disease or injury related to attending this event.
- I attest that I have been, or will be, fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or will present a negative COVID-19 test result administered no more than 72 hours before embarking on travel to the conference. I understand that failure to provide such proof may result in the cancellation of my conference registration.
- I agree to comply with all health and safety guidelines put forth related to this event and am committed to taking precautions recommended by the government of Vietnam which may include, but are not limited to, wearing a face mask in public areas when not consuming food or beverage, maintaining six feet of distance between other participants, minimizing face touching, and washing or sanitizing my hands frequently.
- I will not attend this event if I have had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case, experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within ten days of the event, or have not been cleared as non-contagious by the healthcare team responsible for my treatment of a diagnosed COVID-19 case.
- I understand that my failure to comply with all safety protocol procedures as listed above or any direction from The Oceanography Society staff onsite may result in immediate removal from the event and cancellation of the registration without refund.
*All policies are subject to change. A notification will be sent to all registered attendees and posted on the conference website should changes be made.