Excursion to Nha Trang
October 8–9, 2022
Join your fellow attendees after the conference for an excursion to Nha Trang, famous for its white sandy beaches, splendid seafood, and cultural sites.
ABOUT THE EXCURSION
We will depart from Quy Nhon around 9:00 am on Saturday, October 8, 2022, stay overnight in Nha Trang, and complete the excursion by noon on Sunday, October 9, 2022. Participants can travel back to Quy Nhon or fly from Nha Trang (Cam Ranh Airport) to your next destination. The excursion will include a beach lunch stop on Saturday in Tuy Hoa.
In Nha Trang, we will visit:
- Institute of Oceanography and Museum in Nha Trang: It is a fundamental research institution focusing mainly on oceanography, the marine environment, and resources. It also carries out applied research on biodiversity conservation, aquaculture technologies, marine living resources, toxins and poisons in marine organisms and environment, physical oceanography, hydrometeorology and ocean dynamics. The Museum of Oceanography displays the marine life specimens and precious collection of marine organisms with about 23,000 samples belonging to 5,000 species.
- VinPearl Aquarium: It is located on Hon Tre Island just a short boat transfer or cable car ride from the shore of Nha Trang. The freshwater area displays fish species native to the Amazon and the Mekong Rivers. The saltwater area has a 90m-long transparent barrel vaults to see over 200 specimens from all over the world oceans. The penguin area is the he first in Vietnam to successfully hatch a penguin chick in a semi-natural habitat. The reptile area shows a variety of unique and rare amphibians and insects such as water monitor lizard, green iguana, and emperor scorpion.
- Nha Trang Observatory: It officially came into operation in September 2017, which was an outstanding science and technology event of the year. The advanced telescope facility supports basic research such as observing variable stars, measuring line spectra from stars, rotational speed and the strength of the magnetic field on the star’s surface; measuring the radial velocity of the host star to search for exoplanets, studying the morphology of galaxies, searching for near-Earth objects, looking for supernovas, etc. Moreover, the cosmological projection house serves as the main tool for disseminating cosmic knowledge to the community.
- Ponagar Cham Towers: This is a cultural heritage site where you can see the unique ancient Champa architecture and learn the Cham history. This complex of Cham Pa relics dating from the 7th to the 13th centuries when Hinduism flourished in the Champa Kingdom. The complex was built to worship the Queen Po Ina Nagar. It locates on Cu Loa Hill next to Cai River, about a couple of kilometers from Nha Trang city center. The surrounding scenery is beautiful and you can see the general Nha Trang city landscape from the top of the hill.
The cost for the trip is the best estimate at this time. The final cost will likely be not too far from the estimate and will be determined after we know the number of participants joining.
- Single occupancy: $150 USD per person
- Double occupancy: $85 USD per person
The fee includes:
- Round-trip bus transportation* from Quy Nhon
- One hotel night at VinPearl Hotel on Hon Tre Island (includes tax/service fees, and buffet breakfast on Sunday)
- Ticket to Ponagar Cham Towers
- Ticket to VinWonders and free cable car or high-speed boat from mainland to Hon Tre Island
- Visit to Institute of Oceanography and Museum in Nha Trang
- Visit to Nha Trang Observatory
*Whether traveling one way to Nha Trang or round trip back to Quy Nhon
The number of tickets for this excursion is limited and reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis. You are encouraged to reserve your ticket as early as possible. The deadline for reservations is September 15, 2022.
The contact point for the excursion is:
Ms. Ninh Nguyen
e-mail: [email protected]